Saturday, October 3, 2009

Catching up on Classes and Hunting for the next Jimmy Choo

.
Resumed classes at SML last Friday.
Friday is Fashion Design with Jasmi.
.
I have loads of catching up to do, as i had missed 2 weeks of classes due to all the stuff that's going on with my family. I shan't bore you with the details but suffice to say if both parents come from families of 10 with an average of 3 kids on mum's side and 5 kids on dad's side, something's bound to be happening at any point in time. Last month was especially eventful. Some good, some bad. But last month was mainly bad.
.
Besides catching up on the lessons for fashion illustration, i need to make a start on the design project. Step 1 is to decide on the inspiration for my collection. I couldn't come up with anything specific on the spot, so Jasmi said to think about it over the weekend and collect images and other items for my journal.
.
Renown Malaysian designer, Bill Keith popped in to remind everyone to submit their entries for the shoe design competition. Bill co-ordinates the annual Malaysian Footwear Design Competition sponsored by the various footwear associations in Malaysia. The winner will go on to compete in the international competition.
.
"They are looking for the next Jimmy Choo." said Bill.
.
Jimmy Choo is Malaysian, which gives the rest of us a smidgen of hope for fame and fortune on the international fashion stage.
.
During my absence, I had missed the news about the competition. Jasmi said to try and submit an initial draft by next Wed anyway.
.
"I can't draw feet yet." I said.

That's a problem isn't it, if you are going to design shoes.
.
"Don't worry, I'll help you. You just come up with a few rough sketches and images to illustrate your concept." said Jasmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment