Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What I am reading now: The Collection of the Kyoto Institute: Fashion


Notes from the Sewing Studio 2009

This is without a doubt, my absolutely most favorite book on fashion!

If you're like me and love Fashion History, you'll positively covet this book.

I ordered it online some time back together with a ton of other books and chose the courier option.

When I opened the door, the poor DHL guy was perspiring profusely and panting from lugging the two large boxes up a couple of flights of stairs!

This contributed to most of the weight!
It came in a boxed set of 2 large books with beautiful photography and is a fantastic resource on fashions from the 18th to 20th century, which makes this a real bargain at under USD70.

I especially liked the close-up photos of the embellishments and garment details.

Vol. 1 covers the 18th and 19th centuries and Vol 2 is dedicated to the 20th century.

Here's a peek at some of the beautiful photography:


Notes from the Sewing Studio 2009


Notes from the Sewing Studio 2009



Notes from the Sewing Studio 2009


Notes from the Sewing Studio 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment